Sunday, August 08, 2010

Overheard

Walking into the subway today I overheard a big burly dude singing along to his iPod. As per usual, he had no idea that a) we could hear him loud and clear and b) he was absolutely out of tune. It's true: one can actually rap off key. But what struck me about what he was singing were the lyrics. He very clearly said "my life is like mincemeat."

Now I know rap songs run the gamut from police brutality and social injustice to butts and boobs. But never, not once, have I heard one about a fruit based food. It is possible that I misunderstood, but I prefer to think he was singing about chopped fruit, distilled spirits and spices, used most often as pie filling.

So here is to you, mr. fruit based food rapper. Well done mister, well done.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home