Thursday, June 26, 2008

Flash Forward

I had a glimpse into my future last night. I always said that I would be the crazy old lady running around without pants. Well.. last night I got locked out of the house in my PJs.

I went to feed Buddy, our "outside" cat. He is an alley cat who shows up in the morning and in the evening looking for food. Of course, we feed him - as I suspect many people do. So last night, as I do every night, I came downstairs with a cup of food. What was different is that a) I was in my pajamas, b) I was home alone and c) I didn't take my keys with me for the trip to the front porch.

Sure you can see this coming from a mile away, but it actually came as a surprise to me when I turned around and tried to come back inside.

Door?

Locked?

How?

Shit!

I-don't-have-a-key!

Ringing the neighbors' doorbells did no good. Our upstairs neighbor ignored the doorbell (just like we do when we are not expecting anyone and the FedEx/UPS/DHL van is not parked out front. Our downstairs neighbors were not home, which left me sitting on the front porch.

It didn't take long for someone who lives in the building to show up, but next time, I'm bringing a robe.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home