Monday, August 18, 2008

The light at the end of the tunnel

It’s Monday again. Not only Monday, but a beautiful sunny Monday. The kind that should be a mandated day off. Instead, it’s a crazy, harried, stupid beginning of a soon to be crazy week. One with deadlines and cranky people (me chiefly among them).

I was running around the city in shoes that were not meant for walking, let alone running. My feet hurt and I had even less-than-usual patience with those people slowly meandering on the sidewalks in an aimless zigzag pattern. Oh hell no. Not today. I wished I had an air-horn – the kind sports fans use to annoy one another – so I could honk people out of my way. Someone actually walked straight into me and sort of bounced off. In hindsight it was kinda funny.

Long story short, I was running on a very tight timeframe to make it to a shoot uptown. I was sweating in places I didn’t know could produce perspiration. Sweat was running down my legs (so gross) because I was wearing a skirt and there were no pant legs to sap up the mess (soooo gross).

I eventually made it to my destination. Miraculously I had 15 minutes to spare. Even more incredible was the fact that the Dessert Truck was parked up front.

Ooooohhhhhh. The Dessert Truck.

I had only heard about this mythical, elusive vehicle packed with gourmet deserts roaming the New York City nights. Now turns out they hold court during the day on Park Ave between 51st and 52nd. Who knew? With a choice of 7 different treats, all 5 bucks each, I saw absolutely no good reason not to have a warm Molten Chocolate Cake for lunch (chased with a Diet Coke, of course).

My ‘lunsert” (lunch/desert?) was everything I thought it would be and more. Warm, creamy, luscious chocolat-y goodness. The Dessert Truck guys take their sweets very seriously and serve some truly amazing stuff.

I think my Monday could be divided into BDF (before Dessert Truck) and ADF (after Desert Truck). You simply owe it to yourself to find the zen of dessert.

You can find out more about them here:
www.desserttruck.com




My Monday fix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home